Yes, it is approved for blood sample types including capillary, venous, arterial, and neonatal.
Yes, at least 720 results will remain in the meter’s memory at all times.
Yes, the target ranges in the meter can be changed using the device settings on the Accu‑Chek Connect Online system or the Accu‑Chek Smart Pix system.
In range (green): 3.9-8.9 mmol/L, below range (red): 3.8-0.6 mmol/L, above range (blue): 9.0–33.3 mmol/L.
For the Accu‑Chek Instant meter, the date and time will be set and displayed during the process of setting up an Accu‑Chek Connect Online account or Accu-Chek Smart Pix system via USB cable. The date and time will match that of the connected device.
Yes. The Accu-Chek Connect diabetes management system is designed to be personalized. So if you want to take advantage of a full range of features, you can—or you can decide what functions are most important to you.
In addition to blood glucose results and insulin doses, you can track lab test results such as cholesterol, kidney screenings and HbA1c, plus blood pressure, medications, insulin, weight, food and activity, upcoming appointments and more. Include as much—or as little—information as you want in your reports.
No, the USB cable does not charge the meter’s batteries.
To replace the batteries:
- Open the battery door on the back of the meter
- With both of the "+" signs facing up, slide the new batteries under the grey tabs
- Replace the battery door and snap it closed.
Be sure to clean the areas around slots and openings, while being careful not to get any moisture in them. You should also wipe down the entire meter surface, including the meter display.
To clean your meter:
- Ensure meter is off
- Gently wipe the meter’s surface with a soft cloth slightly dampened with 70% isopropyl alcohol
- Squeeze out any excess liquid from the cloth before you wipe the meter surface
- Get any moisture in the test strip slot
- Spray any cleaning solution directly onto the meter
- Immerse the meter in water or liquid
- Pour liquid into the meter
Similarily to all the other Accu-Chek test strips, the Accu-Chek Instant test strip can be used until printed expiry date with proper storage and handling.
The easy-edge of the Accu‑Chek Instant test strip has a wide dosing area. Blood sample can be dosed anywhere along the yellow edge. This does not influence the test results as long as the yellow window is fully filled.