EASY BAKE 4-INGREDIENT COOKIES
Ever get a craving for freshly baked cookies? This quick and healthy recipe only uses four ingredients - which I bet you have on hand right now! Not a fan of chocolate? Simply substitute raisins, cherries, coconut or whatever mix-ins you like best.
- 1 large, ripe banana
- 1/3 cup (85g) nut butter
- 3/4 cup (105g) oats
- 1/4 cup (37.5g) chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350oF / 180oC
- Mash banana in a bowl. Combine nut butter, oats and chocolate chips with banana.
- Scope out 14-15 cookies onto a lined baking sheet (if you skip the chocolate chips you will have fewer cookies)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until firm
Note: Depending on the type of oats you use, sometimes the cookies are a little chewy. Simply put the cookies in a container with a lid when warm to allow cookies to absorb the moisture. They will be less chewy within 30-60 minutes. If they last through the day, I typically store them in the refrigerator, so they don't go bad. After all, they are made of fruit.
Nutritional Information (Serving size: 1 cookie)
Calories 100 | Protein 3g | Carbohydrate 13g | Added Sugar 1.6g | Total Fat 4.5g | Saturated Fat 1.0g | Cholesterol 0mg | Dietary Fibre 2g | Sodium 20mg
If you skip the chocolate chips in the recipe, your carbohydrates drop to 10g per cookie and added sugars are removed.