Frequently Asked Questions
Meter care and battery
Be sure to clean the areas around slots and openings, while being careful not to get any moisture in them. You should also wipe down the entire meter surface, including the meter display.
To clean your meter:
- Ensure meter is off
- Gently wipe the meter’s surface with a soft cloth slightly dampened with 70% isopropyl alcohol
- Squeeze out any excess liquid from the cloth before you wipe the meter surface
- Get any moisture in the test strip slot
- Spray any cleaning solution directly onto the meter
- Immerse the meter in water or liquid
- Pour liquid into the meter
Visit your meter's Screen Messages page for a list of messages and definitions or refer to Accu-Chek Performa user manual for more information.
Clean and disinfect your meter once a week, or any time blood gets on the meter. You should also clean the meter before allowing anyone else to handle it.
The meter includes an additional internal battery that retains the time and date for up to 72 hours. So when the battery is changed, no memory is lost.
The meter uses 1x 3-volt lithium coin cell battery (CR 2032) found in many stores.
Make sure you have a new 3-volt, lithium coin cell battery (CR 2032), to insert. Open the battery door on the back of the meter, remove the old battery for at least 20 seconds, and press any button on the meter. Insert the new battery with the “+” sign facing out. Snap the battery door back into place. Press the on/off button, and the meter will beep. Setup and hour are flashing on the display. If the date and time are correct, press and hold the on/off button for about 4 seconds. Release the button, and you’re done.
Your battery should last for approximately 2,000 tests.
It is not possible to delete stored results from meter end. Once 500 blood glucose results are in the memory, adding a new result causes the oldest one to be deleted.
Yes. Simply go into setup mode and turn the beeper off.
You can set up to 4 test reminders per day. At the set reminder time, the meter will beep every 2 minutes, up to 3 times per reminder. The meter will not beep if the meter is on at the reminder time, or if a test has been run within 30 minutes of the reminder time.
Yes. If the post-meal reminder marker is selected, the meter will beep 2 hours after the pre-meal test to remind you to perform a post-meal test. You can change the pre-meal test reminder to 1 hour after the pre-meal test.
To mark a test result or set a post-meal reminder:
- Perform a test. The result appears on the display.
- Leave the test strip in the meter. Press and release left or right arrow button to toggle through test result markers and the post-meal reminder:
- Pre -meal marker
- Pre-meal marker with post-meal reminder
- Post-meal marker
- General marker
3. When the marker or reminder you wish to select appears on the display, remove the test strip from the meter.
See Health and Safety Information
See Health and Safety Information
- Choking hazard. Small parts. Keep away from children under the age of 3 years.
- Keep new and used batteries away from children. Ingestion or insertion into the body may cause chemical burns, perforation of soft tissues, and death. Severe burns may occur within 2 hours of swallowing. If you think a battery might have been swallowed or placed inside any part of the body, seek medical attention immediately.
- If the battery compartment does not close securely, stop using the product and keep it away from children. Contact Roche.